Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P645/A75/New Portra 160
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: P645/A75/New Portra 160 Reply with quote

Some family shots with the P645/75mm and New Portra 160 -- corrected the yellow cast as scanned with the Portra. I didn't use digital ICE but did have to do some hand spotting.

I sent a batch of 4 rolls to Lattin Color Labs, to try them out... they undercut Dwayne's on price, and I was very impressed by the service... I got the developing via ebay http://shop.ebay.com/marc50613/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
Develop only- the rolls came back in a long plastic sleeve, rolled in a small tube, as is pretty standard. Lattin will return your spools if you ask, so they are a good bet for those 620 rolls.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me same as than old 160NC neutral colors, perfect skin reproduction. What is your opinion ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very close to the old 160NC, perhaps a smidge more warmth and saturation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medium format seems to generally give more 3d effect compared to 35mm, on my monitor I'm getting a mild pop from your shots.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really natural colors. I'd like to try some but I can't find it in my local camera shops in Japan. Perhaps a trip to Yodobashi camera in Tokyo is in order.