Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Out to get some lenses for Nex-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LA-EA1 does indeed provide AF for SAM , SSM and some 3rd party drives like HSM on higher end Sigmas but even for those lenses the AF is the slowest thing you have ever seen. If you must have AF for screw drive lenses, buy the LA-EA2. If this is really for old Minolta lenses, they all have decent focus rings. The LA-EA1 gives aperture control and you can use focus peaking and magnification with no light loss(LA-EA2 you lose maybe half a stop). I have an LA-EA1 on Craigslist used at the moment for a low price (I updated to LA-EA4 with A7, don't need it anymore). If you are interested PM me, not sure what country you are in etc. Otherwise, I hope you find something to suit your needs. The suggestion of a used SLT like the A37 isn't a bad one either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your replies. Lots of useful info here. Didn't even know about lack of AF motor in majority of minolta lenses.
So at this point, my option remains LA-EA2 or maybe EOS - E adapter with AF (i know AF is quite slow on these, but as long as aperture control is fully supported with focus peaking & magnification - manual focus shouldn't be problem).