Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Orion 15 - any experiences?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an L39 orion 15, but using it on my nex it produces only a very small and blurred image circle - it doesn't even cover the sensor's short side - and obviously there's no way to have anything in focus.
Did anyone see this problem before? Can it be fixed? Or can you post a couple of pics of your copies so I can check what's wrong with mine?
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
It looks exactly like mine (mine has serial number starting with 78), so nothing obviously wrong with it from outside.
However, I decided I will have it serviced: first because I can't really figure out what's wrong with it, and in the end it was so cheap that adding the repair price it will still be slightly under the average prices around.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect tampered lens by somebody before and wrongly assembled, I hope no missing lens element or something other serious reason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the orion 15 at night...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
You're lucky Very Happy

Orio tried this lens : http://forum.mflenses.com/orion-15-6-28-l39-mount-t38706,highlight,%2Borion+%2B15.html

Looks like verdict was positiv Smile

Who better to try an Orion? Very Happy

I hope you don't mind for kidding, Orio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Фотографии в альбоме «Орион 15», автор serkol64 на Яндекс.Фотках

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sample pictures from my Orion-15 28mm/F6 on Ricoh GXR-M earlier today (clickable for larger view):

In terms of nice bokeh there are for sure other lenses far better. Though for sharp pictures of landscapes I would consider this lens as rather excellent.
The macro shot was done with a 7mm extension ring. There are better macro lenses around as well. Wink

Sorry for the dust on the sensor.

BTW, the lens was made 1959 by KMZ.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me! Expected that actually....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Looks very good to me! Expected that actually....

This lens is definitely underrated. Maybe I will do a 28mm comparison as well sometimes. I would rate this lens among the best ones (at least for landscapes).