Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opening the back of Contax C/Y Zeiss lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Opening the back of Contax C/Y Zeiss lenses Reply with quote

I have a couple of Contax C/Y Zeiss lenses that I want to use on my 5D MkII for filming. Adapters are no problem but I want to "de-click" the apertures for more precise control.

I have found a couple of posts here and in other places about how to open up the lens. The pictures I have seen of the back of these lenses are different from mine.
All the pics show that the ring that holds the aperture ring is fastened with 4 screws. My lenses, 28/2.8, #6135606, 50/1.4, # 6048695 and 135/2.8, # 6136501, do NOT have these screws ????
I tried to open by removing the lip on the rear lens barrel surround and unscrewing the 3 screws in the mount. After that nothing comes loose though. I am unable to get the mount and the back of the lens of.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?

Thanx,
Bart.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The structure of the lens mount in C/Y lens varies from lens to lens. Post some photos of your own.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without photos it is difficult, but is it possible there is a mounting ring at the rear which unscrews?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics of the rear.

I removed the small curved block and removed the 3 screws to get the ring of.

Underneath are 4 silver colored screws. I can get these out no problem but then nothing moves. It looks like I should be able to get the mount of, but unfortunately nothing moves.

Any ideas out there?

[img]

[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the same position as you. AEJ? Anyway, those screws are for the helicoid. AFAIK, there's no way to remove the mount, unless its a MM lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pretty easy to do, just remove a ball bearing which makes
"a click" for the aperture ring. But if you are not sure how, visit LEITAX.

http://www.leitax.com/

and just go CONTAX to NIKON page, there are bunch of examples
how to install the new mount. In these photos, you can find a photo
how to find "a ball bearing" I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Leitax page only shows the mounts WITH screws. Mine doesn't have the screws. It looks to be a difficult thing to get inside.

Removing the ball bearing is a piece of cake. I already did that to a couple of zebra Flek's and a Pancolar.

Anyone else have an idea or manual or experience?