Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

opening a workspace & gallery in Helsinki, Finland
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: opening a workspace & gallery in Helsinki, Finland Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Before that happens, it is time to move forward and do what's been something of a dream of mine for long now - together with two other photographers we are opening a gallery on Iso Roobertinkatu. More news and photos coming later Smile

Now is later Very Happy and I, mflenses member larsr together with an mflenses stalker member are building a workspace and gallery in the center of Helsinki, on Iso Roobertinkatu 35-37. We're opening in about 1 week and when autumn comes we will hopefully have some more news for fellow photographers interested in the finest crafted manual focus lenses.

The name of the space is Musta & Valkoinen which translated to English means Black & White. When you look at the floor in the photos, you will understand where the burst of creativity in naming it came from Very Happy

Meanwhile, here are some making of -photos. Photos and descriptions are located on Facebook, post here if you are experiencing any problems with viewing the photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12165&id=116539051723323&ref=mf

If you're on Facebook and want to stay updated just click the fan or like button.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for your new venture.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for you Vilhelm and press both thumbs that it will be successful! Ehh, don't have to as I know it will be!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. The checkerboard aligned to emphasize diamonds is a nice touch. Really interesting what it does with perspective, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and all the best wishes with the gallery! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with that, Vilhelm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..a dream of many of us, I am sure!
great that you are doing it.
wish you all the best success, and above all much fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your wishes.

We really do want to make this more or less a dream come true for all three of us, so hopes are high :)

We also have a website at http://www.mustavalkoinen.fi which we will also be opening later on for posting, commenting, black, white, this and that, so stay tuned :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilhelm & Lars, best wishes for your new gallery.

I´ll try to drop in next time I visit Helsinki.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone!

The first exhibition is up and awaiting next week's official opening. Interest has been encouraging, we have had lots of people drop in and ask questions during the past weeks that we've renovated the place.

Still awaiting our Italian illuminazione, it seems impossible to have anything special delivered in less than 4 to 6 weeks now that it is holiday season in Europe. Scouting suitable furniture is also a time-consuming task, we're looking for a sofa to accompany the funky checkboard floor. Nice white bookshelves are also not yet in place, trying hard to avoid buying anything from IKEA Laughing

Facebook information about the first exhibition

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131185780257510&index=1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. Keep us in touch, w8 for some pics of the first exhibition. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a somewhat shabby panorama of the space, in this photo some of the works of the first exhibition are not up on the wall and there's some junk lying around. I'll post more pics once the we're open, this happens on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! All the best for your new (ad)venture.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to visit, if only Finland was nearer Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnair has some good prices now, only 292 € return ticket from Milan. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Finnair has some good prices now, only 292 € return ticket from Milan. Wink

It's time, what I lack Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's coming along very nicely. So, be sure to post some pics of the grand opening event, okay?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 square meters of canvas covered walls waiting for more photos and future exhibitions. The laptop guy is a friend from Stockholm who dropped by to check out the facility. The space itself is not big, 31 square meters. We've made the most of it though, very efficient use of space and the back room is going to be equipped with storage and space for two persons to edit photos. The larger checkered floor room is going to see illuminazione, sofa and bookshelves installed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Wilhellm & Co!!!

Have a great opening! Best wishes and all the luck for your gallery!!

Hemmo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to get on the wall? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

vulko wrote:

Yes, but it's going to take some while until we rent the walls to exhibitions which are not our own.

You can always drop us a mail if you are interested - go to http://www.mustavalkoinen.fi for contact info

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Thank you!

vulko wrote:

Yes, but it's going to take some while until we rent the walls to exhibitions which are not our own.

You can always drop us a mail if you are interested - go to http://www.mustavalkoinen.fi for contact info

You rent the place and cant hang on the walls?
Crazy laws you got there Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
You rent the place and cant hang on the walls?
Crazy laws you got there Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hahaha that was the last time I reply from a mobile Laughing

I'm sure you got it, but just in case: The walls in our gallery are scheduled for our own photos over the next weeks, maybe even until October end. So if you want to use our facilities to display your work I think earliest November is possible for us to host someone else's work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.
Sometimes I stay some hours in Helsinki because sister of my wife live in Oulu and we change plane in your city.
Next time that I'll pass there, if I have time, I turn to greet you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took these for the insurance company, and decided they're decent enough to share here. Just making a mental note to myself, I need a tilt-shift lens Cool

Ceiling armature is somewhere between Northern Italy and Finland at the moment, likewise the display window decoration is on the drawing board. So much to do, and so little time. We're shooting as much as we can to finance some novelties. Next update in about 1 month Laughing

If any of you are interested in us hosting your photo exhibition then don't hesitate to call us on +358 400 516 716