Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[Open Topic] Best of Agfa Vista (3 photos per post)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: [Open Topic] Best of Agfa Vista (3 photos per post) Reply with quote

To compliment thew "Best of Lens" forum I thought it might be a good idea to have similar for types of films. So here goes:

Early morning shot of Borrowdale from campsite by skida, on Flickr

Dog Rose by skida, on Flickr

The gardens at Rydal Hall by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvelous photos, all three, definitely a film I want to try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A comparison of lenses using Agfa Vista on very bright contrasty Autumn sunshine i.e. film couldn't cope from shadow to highlight but hey it was one of those days I just wanted to take shots anyway...... Dev at Asda (supermarket)

Kiron zoomlock 70-210 This lens is a puzzle as some times it's sharp other times not and is very heavy I'll end up selling it.

Ensinor 80-200 zoom surprising good zoom and small as well

Minolta 58mm f1.4 maybe not the sharpest f1.4 but still produces very good shots

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine idea for a thread...again, dev at ASDA. Ah think they have the Fuji Frontier training down tae a T.

Fujinon f1.8/55mm - non EBC

iirc - all wide open.

2+3 - Fujinon 1.8/55mm EBC

What Fuji still do best...greens + reds

Cool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just started using this film and only shot two rolls of it, but I like it very much, it works great for me with my diy hand tank in the kitchen sink processing.

Those were all with my Zeiss Opton Biogon 2.8/35 on Contax IIIA, first one is f4, second wide open, last one f8.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excal and TAo2, great captures!

Ian, this is by far the best results I've seen of your home C41 processing, nice work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bill. This Agfa and Fujicolor 200 ave given me consistently nice results, so I'm gonna stick with it. I bought 50 rolls of the Agfa so I'll be using it for a while. It's only 1ukp a roll. If you want some, let me know as I'm planning to send you a mixed bag of film anyways and can always add a few of those to it. I've been saving all the empty canisters from my C-41 processing in order to be able to reload em with bulk stuff to share with folks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Excal and TAo2, great captures!

Thanks but surely you must have this cheap film in the states (or any other country)...it's probably that Walmart film that you (or someone) are using Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a lot of the cheap print films these days are fuji, if it says made in Japan, it will be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Probably a lot of the cheap print films these days are fuji, if it says made in Japan, it will be.

..or a Chinese copy Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I suppose the Chinese might put made in japan on some stuff, shady things happen. Has anyone got any experience of Chinese films? Only one I have tried is the Lucky SHD100 and it was okay, but not great imho.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Chinese color print film I've seen is the Lucky, in 100 and 400 ISO. It comes in 120
as well. Is this Agfa film German or Japanese? This looks like a step above the Fuji film I've
been using.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Agfa is made by Fuji, we have been debating what it is and concluded 'unknown' it is somewhat similar to Superia but not identical.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact this film looks different from the Agfa colour negatives that I was used to (Optima, Ultra, Portrait).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, does the film come in a Fuji-style canister?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
In fact this film looks different from the Agfa colour negatives that I was used to (Optima, Ultra, Portrait).

Would have liked trying those films.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio wrote:

Would have liked trying those films.

They were my favourite. Optima especially, it was incredibly realistic. I still have a couple of 120 rolls of Optima, expired since a decade I think Rolling Eyes
Portrait was great for, well, portraits, and desaturated work in general.
Ultra was really a flashy film, if you think that Velvia is saturated, Ultra was negative equivalent of Velvia x 3 Shocked
I must have some photos taken with Ultra in my boxes, I'll see if I can find them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, thanks, would love to see samples of these Agfa films.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Yes, clear fuji container and the way it is attached to the spool is the same as fuji. I'm positive it's fuji.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

Yes, clear fuji container and the way it is attached to the spool is the same as fuji. I'm positive it's fuji.

OK, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my latest film. Northumberlandia - Goddess of the North, a massive artwork formed from the waste of an opencast mine. Challenging light from a low winter sun. All Fuji STX-2, Fujinon 1.9/50 set at f5.6, f8 and f11.

Earth Face by skida, on Flickr

The Claggy Path by skida, on Flickr

Nose and right breast by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late morning, a strong sun...Fujica ST901+EBC Fujinon 1.8/f55mm...

Late evening, a strong sun, same setup...