Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OOPS 1st purchase of '08
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: OOPS 1st purchase of '08 Reply with quote

I think the price is right still I probably should not have. This is a second version but not the APO.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats you start well 2008, look like a super bargain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! What a fine lens!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know your impression when you get it , I tried one times it wasn't impressed me. I hope you will have better opinion if not I guess easy to sell it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou. I will report when it comes in. I just sold my super tak 85 1.9 a couple months ago. I still have (and always will) a contax planar 85 1.4 to make a comparison. Orio has some nice results in the lens gallery from the Summicron 90 f2 if I remember correctly. Also others have good reviews for it. The lens looks like a very compact mid tele and I like the slide out hood.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to test on real subjects like portrait etc thank you for sharing result in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Orio has some nice results in the lens gallery from the Summicron 90 f2 if I remember correctly.

I have the same model that you bought. Optically there are no differences between the three series of Summicron-R 90; only the casing and the number of cams and ROM presence changes.
Stopped down, it is impressively sharp. Wide open, it's a bit soft and dreaming, but sharp enough in the focused area. Very enhanced 3D effect. It's a versatile lens, you will love it.
In this thread there are several pictures I made with the Summicron-R 90:

http://forum.mflenses.com/a-day-on-the-apennines-t2205.html

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a darn fine lens. In either M or R mount its superb. Congrats. I have been toying with the idea of getting an R adapter fro my 4/3 camera and investing in a couple of R lenses. I would be very interested to see some results posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Orio thanks for the link now I am more excited. Those are great shots and 3D to go. It is also nice to look at summer scenes for a change Smile Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I'll put my first '08 purchase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150199587156

Finally the Jupiter 21M!! It's also the export version which means better quality in terms of russian gear. I also didn't have to spend all that money on international shipping since it was right here in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Marc. I was going to bid on that also. I'm glad you got it instead. I don't really use the long tell-ees much. Mostly just wanted it for the non international shipping factor. And it looked to be going cheap. Enjoy.

BTW the trick with the tape that Rick mentioned works great for Auto Pin. I know I'm mixxing threads but you know what I'm talking about. I just used some gaffers tape. It held the pin down just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

Finally the Jupiter 21M!!

Another fantastic lens and a favourite of mine.

-