Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One Of My First Stitched Images to Make a Panoramic Image
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: One Of My First Stitched Images to Make a Panoramic Image Reply with quote

Scanned four separate slides from Pentax 645 and the Pentax-A 120mm lens. Then used software from Lightroom to stitch the scanned images. I was happy with the result, as it captured the colors very well, and also the atmospherics. I don't exactly love sitting in front of a computer and doing this kind of 'stitching' work, but it surprised me how well software works at this.

I was camped at this subalpine lake for a couple of days. There is no trail to take you there. I felt very serene and the location was isolated and pristine. Then the thunderstorms came through, which actually enhanced the light to my satisfaction. This was a wild day in the mountains. The "panorama" was taken between the rolling thunderheads, when the hail would ease up for a few minutes before the next one came rolling through. No sleep that night - the flashes of lightning would light up my tent, so I just ended up reading most of the night.

Anyway, my pencil notes show: Pentax 120 macro lens. f:8 and 1/30th. No filter. Slik tripod with trigger head.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Larry, the story and the pano!!

So great to have you back here - we (at least I) have certainly missed you the last two years!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

So great to have you back here - we (at least I) have certainly missed you the last two years!!

Thank you so much Klaus. I see that you are contemplating changes in your own life, and I think it sounds like you have a great plan. I've missed seeing your experimental images, as well as your more 'traditional' images. I know that you derive great enjoyment from your photographic endeavors. I also know how generous you are as a man, and haven't forgotten that generosity.

Looking forward to catching up.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry66 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Thank you so much Klaus. I see that you are contemplating changes in your own life, and I think it sounds like you have a great plan. I've missed seeing your experimental images, as well as your more 'traditional' images. I know that you derive great enjoyment from your photographic endeavors. I also know how generous you are as a man, and haven't forgotten that generosity.

Looking forward to catching up.

Larry

Most welcome Larry!
Friends Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

+10!
So wonderful to see your pics and hear from you again!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that I wasn't aware you were not placing pictures here so long.
But I am very pleased to see again such a beautiful landscape from the wilderness.
I like the picture very much .

Last edited by Minolfan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Friends