Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One Of My First Stitched Images to Make a Panoramic Image
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: One Of My First Stitched Images to Make a Panoramic Image Reply with quote

Scanned four separate slides from Pentax 645 and the Pentax-A 120mm lens. Then used software from Lightroom to stitch the scanned images. I was happy with the result, as it captured the colors very well, and also the atmospherics. I don't exactly love sitting in front of a computer and doing this kind of 'stitching' work, but it surprised me how well software works at this.

I was camped at this subalpine lake for a couple of days. There is no trail to take you there. I felt very serene and the location was isolated and pristine. Then the thunderstorms came through, which actually enhanced the light to my satisfaction. This was a wild day in the mountains. The "panorama" was taken between the rolling thunderheads, when the hail would ease up for a few minutes before the next one came rolling through. No sleep that night - the flashes of lightning would light up my tent, so I just ended up reading most of the night.

Anyway, my pencil notes show: Pentax 120 macro lens. f:8 and 1/30th. No filter. Slik tripod with trigger head.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Larry, the story and the pano!!

So great to have you back here - we (at least I) have certainly missed you the last two years!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

So great to have you back here - we (at least I) have certainly missed you the last two years!!

Thank you so much Klaus. I see that you are contemplating changes in your own life, and I think it sounds like you have a great plan. I've missed seeing your experimental images, as well as your more 'traditional' images. I know that you derive great enjoyment from your photographic endeavors. I also know how generous you are as a man, and haven't forgotten that generosity.

Looking forward to catching up.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry66 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Thank you so much Klaus. I see that you are contemplating changes in your own life, and I think it sounds like you have a great plan. I've missed seeing your experimental images, as well as your more 'traditional' images. I know that you derive great enjoyment from your photographic endeavors. I also know how generous you are as a man, and haven't forgotten that generosity.

Looking forward to catching up.

Larry

Most welcome Larry!
Friends Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

+10!
So wonderful to see your pics and hear from you again!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that I wasn't aware you were not placing pictures here so long.
But I am very pleased to see again such a beautiful landscape from the wilderness.
I like the picture very much .

Last edited by Minolfan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Friends