Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM-D E-M10/10mk2/5 or Panny GX7 with MFL ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: OM-D E-M10/10mk2/5 or Panny GX7 with MFL ? Reply with quote

Are these good for MF lenses ? I know , all the lenses stabilised , etc ... But in real life , how do these work with mf lenses (legacy ,I mean)

Interessed also about experiences with E-p5 or e-pl5/6/7 ?

Last edited by Teo on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Oly OM-D M5 MKII and it works very well, even using the pixelshift feature!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will only need to set the Focal Length for the Image Stabilizer Function. For manual lens, OM-D E-M10 mk2 will be better among all the cam you listed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ! Is the Panny GX7 a good alternative also ?

I am searching a platform to use for MF and AF also .The Sony a5000 has a worse system to use the magnifier than the nex3 (wich is more straight and quicker) and the AF lenses are pricier . The IBIS could help to keep the ISO lower than the sony for low light .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IBIS on GX7 is much more inferior to those on Olympus cam.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The IBIS on GX7 is much more inferior to those on Olympus cam.

Yep ! Iknow ....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....but I have an offer at half price for gx7 vs om-d e-m 10mk2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
....but I have an offer at half price for gx7 vs om-d e-m 10mk2

Then go with it! A camera in hand is always better then one in one's dream... Wink

What I do like about Panasonic is that their sensors deliver great colors, better
then Olympus in my opinion Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice is yours, old models are always much cheaper than new model. E-M10 is still much better than GX7 when it come to image stabilization. If you use mainly manual lenses for 35mm film camera, it may be nice to go for an A7 rather than getting a M4/3 camera .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The choice is yours, old models are always much cheaper than new model. E-M10 is still much better than GX7 when it come to image stabilization. If you use mainly manual lenses for 35mm film camera, it may be nice to go for an A7 rather than getting a M4/3 camera .

A very valid point Calvin, if Teo is using mainly FF lenses...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

A very valid point Calvin, if Teo is using mainly FF lenses...

Right !
Still, the A7 is out of budget .
The mft camera would be mainly for AF I'd go for some fast primes 15/1,7 17/1,8 and so ,great for travel and going everywhere ....Sometimes I do't have the time/mood for manual focusing ....This year I used mostly the Fuji x20 ,a small handy great lens compact f2
For FF legacy lenses i'll keep the Nex3