Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM Cosina 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: OM Cosina 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

It's winter here and not much opportunity to be outdoors, so if this post is a bit of a strectch on an interest scale, please excuse me.

I bought this lens locally several years ago, but remained dormant after trying it on my Sony NEX-5N and a bad adapter. The results were so bad, I thought that it was the lens so I shoved it in my chest (along with a multitude of photographic equipment).

Then last year (2014), I pulled it out of hiding and I attached an OM to EF adapter and then onto an EF to NEX adapter. Wow! What a difference an adapter makes!

This little gem is as good as my Olympus OM 24mm f2.8.

Cheers!
Joseph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina made some surprisingly good lenses. I had a chance to directly compare Cosina 24/2.8 to RMC Tokina 24/2.8, both in P/K mount. The Cosina won hands down in all departments: sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction. I believe some Cosina lenses are still undervalued.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got one Cosina, but I might after seeing these excellent pictures. That's the kind of bokeh I like in a lens Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Cosina made some surprisingly good lenses. I had a chance to directly compare Cosina 24/2.8 to RMC Tokina 24/2.8, both in P/K mount. The Cosina won hands down in all departments: sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction. I believe some Cosina lenses are still undervalued.

I got this one for a steal!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I haven't got one Cosina, but I might after seeing these excellent pictures. That's the kind of bokeh I like in a lens Cool

I don't remember ever seeing that kind of bokeh in a 24/2.8. And it looks pretty sharp too.