Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko 4cm 3.5 in exakta mount 1st shots.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko 4cm 3.5 in exakta mount 1st shots. Reply with quote

I asked about this lens a few days ago and it seemed a little known optic. It came in and I am trying it out on the A7ii via helical adapter.

These are handheld, quick and dirty as I only had a few minutes available due to other obligations. First impressions were quite encouraging.
The lens is pretty small. Just a bit bigger than say a retina tele arton. It is all chromed brass, or glass. It is quite heavy for its size. It came in the original leather case labeled Olympus Zuiko on the top and "Made in occupied Japan" on the bottom. Everything is in pretty good shape except the name bezel has had quite a few of the white lettering paint come out of the etched letters, so reading the info is a bit challenging. There are a few tiny places were persistent dirt has caused the chrome to erode due to corrosion. Overall I was quite pleased to see what it can do.

This one is really noisy because I took it in pretty dark conditions with ISO cranked.

crop

another

crop

and last crop

Edit:

I typed the title as 75 in error . My brain was apparently not quite engaged. I have it correct now.

Took it out this morning and took shots of the crocosmias. Unfortunately they got left in the camera at home (I'm at work).

I do have the lens with me and will try to post some shots of it.