Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2.8 Landscape Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2.8 Landscape Shots Reply with quote

Here are some images taken with a 24mm f2.8 Zuiko some two weeks ago. Aperture set to f11, and the camera to ISO100. I tinkered a bit with the pictures afterwards to make the snow right and switched off noise reduction. No sharpening.

Shot in the same direction than the image before, but taken with a Zuiko 50mm f1.4 at f8. Contrastier.

This one´s taken today on a stroll. ISO100, f11. Shadows pushed and highlights lowered a tiny bit, noise reduction off and no sharpening.

This weekend in the snow I had, besides some Hexanon lenses, three Zuikos with me: 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 100mm 2.8. I find the Zuikos are rather similar to each other in the way they render colors, in contrast to my Konica lenses, especially to the 21mm f4 I used the day before under similar conditions. Some pictures taken with it can be found here.

http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-hexanon-ar-21mm-f4-sun-mountains-and-snow-t83298.html

I know that most likely everything I find out about my old lenses and enthusiastically post here must have been said already a long time ago somewhere here in this compendium of knowledge. Thus knowing I probably add nothing much new, I just hope you enjoy the images. I certainly do. It´s a hell of a fun with that camera and that lenses. Please comment, I´d be very happy to get feedback.

Kind Regards, Gerhard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Which camera were you using?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
Like 1
Which camera were you using?

Sony Alpha 7ii Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What adapters are you using if I might ask?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountains, snow and cabins. Great stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

Currently K&F concept. There might be better ones, though. Why do you ask? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

I have plenty of m42 lenses and am considering moving from a Fuji camera body to the Sony A7 for full frame. I'm using a speed booster with the Fuji, but won't need to with the Sony so I was looking into adapters and wondering what others are using.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

I have plenty of m42 lenses and am considering moving from a Fuji camera body to the Sony A7 for full frame. I'm using a speed booster with the Fuji, but won't need to with the Sony so I was looking into adapters and wondering what others are using.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I got one Fotga K/AR-Sony/NEX adapter together with a lens, and this one was so badly manufactured that it could not be attached to the camera at all. I also have one Quenox adapter for K/AR to fit M4/3 that is kind of wobbly. After that adventure, I bought K&F. The one I have for M42 on E-Mount is solid and stable, the thread however is made in a way that the lens stops 15 degrees before the middle and might not be turned further.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one taken with the Sony A7ii and the Zuiko 24mm f2.8 last weekend. The long white smear on the lower middle left is a fat snowflake, lazily tumbling towards the ground.
It´s exported from the raw with noise reduction off and saturation +10 in Sony Image Edge.
ISO 100, 1/13s and f5.6. Klick it, the preview´s never good enough. Wink