Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko 135 mm f2.8 OM: Cleaning/Fungus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko 135 mm f2.8 OM: Cleaning/Fungus Reply with quote

I have an Olympus Zuiko 135 mm f2.8 OM mount lens in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, but with some internal fungus, particularly on the rear element.

I suspect these lenses are relatively easy to disassemble and clean and have found a YouTube video for a Olympus Zuiko 50 mm f1.8 OM mount lens, which is useful but obviously not the same lens.

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the rear element of this lens?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one and it was easy, I did find some basic instructions on the internet. I'll see if I still have teh link.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloydy, that would be really useful if you could find something. I have tried searching myself but to no avail at the moment!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most simple 135's it has a single element in the back - removing it should be trivial - it is held by a relatively easily accessible retainer ring.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Olympus Zuiko 135 mm f2.8 OM: Cleaning/Fungus Reply with quote

pb21 wrote:
I have an Olympus Zuiko 135 mm f2.8 OM mount lens in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, but with some internal fungus, particularly on the rear element.

I suspect these lenses are relatively easy to disassemble and clean and have found a YouTube video for a Olympus Zuiko 50 mm f1.8 OM mount lens, which is useful but obviously not the same lens.

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the rear element of this lens?

Thanks

I have a similar lens but there is some haze in one of the front lens elements. Has anybody info about how to open the lens?

Thanks