Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OMD: shootin' from the hip
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Olympus OMD: shootin' from the hip Reply with quote

one of the best things this camera does is allow you to shoot any lens simply by touching the articulating screen. this is truly a boon to street shooters, as the method is totally unobtrusive. when used with manual focus lenses you obviously have to either pre focus or scale focus, which is what i did with the first two, taken with schneider kruezach retina mount 28/4.0. with native oly m4/3 lenses, the camera focuses on the point you touch on screen and fires simultaneously, which is what i did with the rest, taken with the kit 12-50mm all at f8. this could turn out to be the best street shooting digital camera ever because of this feature. the photographer is absolutely invisible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! A friend of mine in Houston has ordered an OMD and has been given a delivery date in late May. He's like a child waiting for Christmas! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgar thanks so much! tbh, i kinda felt like a lepper, not getting a single comment! i know these werent cartier-bresson, but i thought they came out pretty good! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rbelyell, your photos are good in fact, congratulations.
But as I have to repeat every time that someone is disappointed by few comments in the equipment forums:

post your pictures in the Gallery forums if you want comments!

If you post in the Micro 4/3 equipment forum, people who don't have a Micro 4/3 camera (like me) will most likely NOT even open the forum at all!
For instance, I opened the thread today quite casually, as 360 days of the year I don't even open the Micro 4/3 forum, at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks orio, i appreciate the compliment!

yes, i should have placed the topic in the gallery. i guess my thinking was i was trying to demonstrate the unique 'hardware' ability of this camera...but then as you correctly point out, you dont get the wider audience. next time...
tony