Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM2n review 1979
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM2n review 1979 Reply with quote

Olympus OM2n review measurements meter sensitivity strip down shutter exposure 1979 Popular Photography

Click on pic to get bigger size

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. Definitelly one of my favourite 35mm SLRs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axer wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Definitelly one of my favourite 35mm SLRs.
We've got one still attached to one of the microscopes. Soso condition. Are they worth anything?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the condition. I believe that the microscopic mount is worth more than the camera itself.

I've sold OM-2n (silver version) in very good condition for 50 Euro recently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axer wrote:
Depending on the condition. I believe that the microscopic mount is worth more than the camera itself.

I've sold OM-2n (silver version) in very good condition for 50 Euro recently.
The scope is an olympus scope, which has an alternative light path leading towards an OM mount. I'll check again.

It is the black version and mirror locks up, as the review mentions, when the batteries are dead.

edit: nah, OM-mount is firmly attached to the microscope. This was probably an all-in-one solution by Olympus.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:

It is the black version and mirror locks up, as the review mentions, when the batteries are dead.

Black version is sometimes considered as more "pro" and reaches higher prices than silver one.

You can make the mirror return to its original position by selecting mechanical speeds - "B " or "60 " on the camera's ring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:

edit: nah, OM-mount is firmly attached to the microscope. This was probably an all-in-one solution by Olympus.

You can always sell the microscope, then Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axer wrote:
Cistron wrote:

You can always sell the microscope, then Smile
Haha, I don't think my colleagues in the cell culture room would be to happy about this. I'm sure it would fetch more then the camera Wink

Thanks for the advice. I might even use it myself, should I ever come across some "cheap" wide-angle Zuikos. But then, there's already the Contax 139Q collecting dust ... I should probably use that Provia 100F I found in the freezer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I might even use it myself, should I ever come across some "cheap" wide-angle Zuikos. But then, there's already the Contax 139Q collecting dust ... I should probably use that Provia 100F I found in the freezer.

Zuiko's are not-so-expensive and good lenses, if you find one - grab it and test the camera. And yes, you definitely should use yours frozen Provia Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is remarkable how much difference there is between a typical DPreview article and a Popular Photo review. Most of the stuff this review is about, is just taken for granted nowdays and assumed to be adequate. No wonder I always skip to the conclusions page, if I bother to read the reviews at all.

Bjorn