Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM collection Reply with quote

I just need a macro lens for a pretty complete set

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummy! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set!

Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! I have a few Olympus macro lenses left, just in case Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compliment you on an admirable Olympus collection. When choosing my own camera in 1981, I seriously considered Olympus, the OM1 in particular. I did bird photography at the time and greatly admired Eric Hosking's 35mm pictures with an Olympus system; his main system at the time was Hasselblad. I was a little hamstrung as I wanted a system 400mm lens and Pentax was the only marque which had a 400mm which I could afford. Even the Zuiko 400mm f/6.3 was more expensive and Olympus' adoption — with suitable publicity by Olympus — by fashion photographers such as Patrick Lichfield et al had already pushed up prices. It was also the only other affordable fully manual camera which had user-interchangeable focussing screens (to obviate microprism blackouts with long lenses. The flagship Nikon and Canon were much more expensive. So a Pentax it was and still is today into the digital age.

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all started when my dad brought home an om1 with the 300, 135/3,5, 50/1,8 and 28 mm lenses on one of my birthdays. He was at the recycling centre and there was a guy wanting to throw the stuff away. My dad asked if he could have it.
I immediately put a roll of film in it and I was sold! Collection grew a lot since then. Happy Dog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
He was at the recycling centre and there was a guy wanting to throw the stuff away.

O! M! G! Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're not in the field of photography it's hard to know the value of things I guess
This was also quite some years ago, before it became popular to use MF lenses on digital camera's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Like Dog