Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM 21mm f3.5 vs Tamron SP 17mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM 21mm f3.5 vs Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I think Olympus is lot better lens even if they price close really. These picture taken on same day in same light with same camera.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Tamron/tamron_sp_17mm_f3_5/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Olympus_Om/olympus_om_21mm_f3_5/

What you think about ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot closer than I would have expected, but the Oly takes it

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't satisfied with Tamron color rendering when subject was in infinity distance. Too much brown on pictures live view was exactly what Oly shows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet the Tamron is a nice lens IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive this Tammy has better color rendering on Nikon or Canon, in my experience my Tamron lenses was better performer on Nikon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main problem of Tamron ultrawide lenses is usually the vignetting and the corner performance.
I think that if you test the two lenses on film, the margin of victory for Olympus should be much larger than it is on crop camera.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty bad news I planned to use Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 with Nikon FA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is pretty bad news I planned to use Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 with Nikon FA.

Well try it, not all lens models are the same, perhaps this model you have is better than the others. It is SP, so should be better. Most of commonly available Tamron superwides are not SP.