Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 35UC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Olympus 35UC Reply with quote

This is my olympus 35UC. I bought it a year ago. It was a mess (and maybe it still is). I tried to fix it, about 4 times. Maybe today it will be the last time. It doesn't focus to infinity, just very close to it. The rangefinder was very bad, I think I adjusted it well this time.
I've been looking for a good rangefinder camera. I had a Minolta 7s some months ago, I liked that I got perfectly exposed and sharp pictures with it, but somehow the construction of the lens barrel looked fragile.
I'm still looking for my perfect rangefinder: diaphragm priority mode, big and bright rangefinder, solid construction, fast lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very nice with that almost pancake zuiko. Are you sure it does not focus at infinity? Have you tried to see what happens at infinity using some tracing paper in the film chamber, setting the lens at infinity and looking with a magnifying glass on the paper while aiming at a distant object?
The rangefinder might be just off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you zanxion72. Yes, I tested the focus to infinity with a piece of film. I have to push the film inside the chamber of the back of the lens a little to have a focused image at infinity. I may try to disarm the lens to see what is the problem with it if the last adjustment of the rangefinder doesn't work well.