Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 35RC / Agfa APX 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Olympus 35RC / Agfa APX 100 Reply with quote

Here are a couple of scans from self-developed negatives of Agfa APX 100 (developed in Kodak HC-110, dilution H), shot with the Olympus 35RC rangefinder (non-interchangeable E.Zuiko 42mm f/2.8 lens). Critique and comments welcome, these are my early attempts of black and white photography and developing. =)

(In Stockholm, Sweden, next to the royal castle.)

(In Helsinki, Finland, somewhere in Punavuori.)

(In Helsinki, Finland, obviously next to the lutheran cathedral. =)

(In Helsinki, Finland, Esplanadi park.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very encouraging - I guess the prints will look better than what see we on screen. I especially like #1 and #3 - #1 has a timeless quality and #3 (with the 1950s motor car) a really period feeling to it.

Your pictures remind us that we don't need costly or sophistcated cameras to make images that are aesthetically and technically pleasing. More please!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good as first tentative !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quality, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic camera! Great film! Excellent results!
Congratulations, Arkku!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not bad as first tentative! You got an eye, man. Good compositions and subjects. Go ahead this way.
Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shots are a relief when they turn out at all. Well done Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I must clarify, however, that when I said these are my early attempts at B&W and self-developing, I didn't mean that these are the very first shots. They are from self-developed rolls number 6 and 8. I've now developed up to roll 14, I think. =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your retro style photos.