Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oly EP1 Live Preview better than RAW image ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Oly EP1 Live Preview better than RAW image ? Reply with quote

Hi guys - been lurking the forum off an on and using an ep1 i've inherited from my father.

I know the camera settings inside and out and can't comprehend why the Live Preview, that I use to focus a macro photo, seems to be a lot more high quality than the resulting image. The image has less noise and more infocus details.

I am using the live preview zoom feature to focus on a detail and then comparing the same area in a raw, jpg or noise reduced raw file and I just can't get the same quality when zooming to 100% of the image.

Is this typical for digital cameras? or is it some sort of a ep1 sensor-imaging bandwidth problem?

Will be happy to provide some visuals if necessary.

*edit here is what im talking about. The cables were very sharp in the live preview. the camera is on a tripod with a cable trigger. The iso is 100 and shutter speed is 100 also. Strange isn't it? The noise isn't as evident in this example, but it is a second problem..with the RAW or JPG being very noisy in high iso settings but the Live Preview has a very nice, high detail image.
abload.de/img/outoffocuscilh7.png

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oly EP1 Live Preview better than RAW image ? Reply with quote

mfep1 wrote:
Hi guys - been lurking the forum off an on and using an ep1 i've inherited from my father.

I know the camera settings inside and out and can't comprehend why the Live Preview, that I use to focus a macro photo, seems to be a lot more high quality than the resulting image. The image has less noise and more infocus details.

I am using the live preview zoom feature to focus on a detail and then comparing the same area in a raw, jpg or noise reduced raw file and I just can't get the same quality when zooming to 100% of the image.

Is this typical for digital cameras? or is it some sort of a ep1 sensor-imaging bandwidth problem?

Will be happy to provide some visuals if necessary.

*edit here is what im talking about. The cables were very sharp in the live preview. the camera is on a tripod with a cable trigger. The iso is 100 and shutter speed is 100 also. Strange isn't it? The noise isn't as evident in this example, but it is a second problem..with the RAW or JPG being very noisy in high iso settings but the Live Preview has a very nice, high detail image.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome nice to see you here! I found also on Panasonic G1 LCD shows nicer , better image than final image on card.