Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oly 50 1.4 handheld at a gig
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Oly 50 1.4 handheld at a gig Reply with quote

These are some mates of mine who were launching there album over the week end http://www.leatherat.com/ Its a great album too if you like your folk rock (in a kind of Levellers way but more metal) Oh and me and the wife got to play on the album Smile Could do with touching up the white balance on a few of these esp the portraits but PP was just noise reduction in DXO apart from 6 which contrast increased and a touch of sharpening. I tried to keep things at f2 and ISO 1600 gave me about 30th sec exposure to play with.
1 barman, I asked to a take his picture

2 same again

3 Bret, "throwing the horns"

4 you might not believe this but hes a really lovely quiet spoken chap!

6 Petes Girlfreind Paula on the merchandise stall

7 Pete lead singer

heres the rest of them
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hacksawbob/sets/72157600115702828/

Last edited by hacksawbob on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love much the last three pictures Bob!!!!!

They actually have quite a cinematic quality to them.... don't know if you or someone else agrees... they look more like movie frames than the typical concert photograph... just to make it clear, I mean this as a compliment!!

P.S. could you please ask the guy in the first picture how does he manage to lie down on the pillow to sleep the night? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean Orio. Maybe like those documentary shots at woodstock?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are all very nice but #5 does it for me. ''i've got the blues''

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now you have added one more pic so I have to rephrase my sentence.... my favorites are n. 5,6,7

Bob yes, like, but I was thinking more of a Nashville movie I saw, featuring the late River Phoenix. It has teh same kind of atmosphere than shots 6,7