Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oldest Jupiter-9 85mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RF of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the RF one?

It's same optical?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. slim tall is RF,.short fat is SLR , they are not identical. I like RF lenses much more

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question: what is newst one?

Is it still in pproduction, I have a 1992 lens.

Is it the longest produced lens made ever?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
My question: what is newst one?

Is it still in pproduction, I have a 1992 lens.

Is it the longest produced lens made ever?

The lens is not in production. I talked with the factory representative in person 2 years ago at Photokina, and he said there is no demand for new Jupiter's, probably because of the second-hand market. He also said that if they receive an order (minimum quantities can be discussed), the factory can still produce them.

That said, I bought my MC Jupiter-9 brand new. It's made in year 2000. Probably production stopped around that time, maybe in 2000-2003. There are so many used copies floating around that I don't see the factory resuming production any time soon...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like KMZ still produce it :

http://www.zenit-camera.com/jupiter_9_lens.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

They don't. Jupiter-9 was (mostly) manufactured by LZOS.
http://lzos.ru/en/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

It is no longer in production, although the technological line still exists, and (according to the factory representative I spoke with) production can be resumed if a big enough order is received.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

They don't. Jupiter-9 was (mostly) manufactured by LZOS.
http://lzos.ru/en/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

It is no longer in production, although the technological line still exists, and (according to the factory representative I spoke with) production can be resumed if a big enough order is received.

I was myself suprised to see it on KMZ site (lens even wear LZOS logo on the photo). But yes, I just noticed that when you click on "order now", it leads to nothing Confused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
That said, I bought my MC Jupiter-9 brand new. It's made in year 2000. Probably production stopped around that time, maybe in 2000-2003.

so it has been produced about 50 years

any other lens lasted so long?
Hasselblad Planar / Sonnar maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Oh, come on! In Russia, the 1966 Fiat 124 is produced as "LADA Classic" up to these days:
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%96%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B8_(%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C)

Does it make the Fiat an all-times classic car? Sure it'll become retro in another 50 years or so, but in today's Russia it's just a go-around car for the low-middle class... a sub-standard go-around car by today's standards if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Oh, come on! In Russia, the 1966 Fiat 124 is produced as "LADA Classic" up to these days:
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%96%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B8_(%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C)

Does it make the Fiat an all-times classic car? Sure it'll become retro in another 50 years or so, but in today's Russia it's just a go-around car for the low-middle class... a sub-standard go-around car by today's standards if you ask me.

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lens finally on my desk , M42 ! and no sign of any modification looks a little fat jupiter-8 not tall like RF lens , no sign of cut from an RF lens, not even looks like SLR lens which is M39 anyway. Mistery lens really. serial start with 1951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lens finally on my desk , M42 ! and no sign of any modification looks a little fat jupiter-8 not tall like RF lens , no sign of cut from an RF lens, not even looks like SLR lens which is M39 anyway. Mistery lens really. serial start with 1951

That makes very little sense. The Zenit prototype was introduced in 1951 and wasn't put into full scale production until '53. The m42 mount wasn't adopted into this SLR series until 1968. Must be custom work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I think same, sadly you can't see it in your hands , I will try to make large and quality shoots from lens to present to you, to see no sign any of custom work even if I saw hundreds in my life I can't recognize any non factory work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you compare the design of rings, of letters and so on with your Kiev versions? I can't wait to see your photos Smile .

Maybe modification by KMZ worker in factory? that could explain that the modification is not visible...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Did you compare the design of rings, of letters and so on with your Kiev versions? I can't wait to see your photos Smile .

Maybe modification by KMZ worker in factory? that could explain that the modification is not visible...

I guess same made in factory , I will show lens with others and we able to compare it , I have all types from J-9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila. Here is my LTM copy with SN 510xxxx. It may be useful for your comparison.

Click to enlarge:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, any news about this lens? Did you compared it with your other J-9's?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , it has better coating than most others, and sharpest from all SLR lenses what I did try , I find some pics.