Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Sigma tele 135/2.8 ... Any info ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Old Sigma tele 135/2.8 ... Any info ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just seen a friend of mine with a nice old Sigma 135/2.8 with Nikon mount. The lens seems to be an old full-metal Sigma production, with the greek sigma letter on the front cap and just before the serial number. What intrigues me is the presence of a kind of complementary focusing ring, on the front portion of the lens. When rotated, it advances the front element, and the barrel shows a scale marked with a reproduction ratio (1:5, 1:4, 1:3).

Do you have some info about this lens ? I have been unable to find something ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can't find info because lens is quiet rare and crappy enough. In this case people not publish information due they can't sell it after their bad experience. In general Sigma manual lenses one of the crappiest ones, there is few exception like sigma 24mm and 135mm f1.8 what I know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sigma 135mm F/2.8 that is pretty good but it is the pantel version with the F/64 aperture, sounds like you have some kind of macro model

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a little snooping it seems it's a Sigma XQ 135mm F/2.8 with "system focusing"

Found this thread:

http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=2194

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the finding, the lens should be a Sigma XQ 135/2.8 Scalematic ... Found one used at 200$ ...