Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Old Portrait Reply with quote

Went through my inventory and found this more than 30 years old color slide from a cheap no-name reversal film.

If my memory serves me right this picture of my son was taken with my Minolta X-500 and most probably the MC Rokkor 85mm/F1.7 lens (used to be my standard lens for portrait shootings).

Anyway, slide scanned with Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 and optimized/converted/downsized in Lightroom.

Clickable for best quality viewing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still very good after all these years!
Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Gentlemen!

I was impressed myself about the achievable quality. Bearing in mind that I used only cheap DDR "ORWO" films these times (often re-branded by distributors) as I coudn't afford Fuji or Kodak.

The used camera and lens combination is still not bad, even for today's standards. Wink

I should use this lens on my A7R II as well and see how it performs on high resolution digital. Unfortunately it's rather heavy (85/1.7, Version MC II, full metal from 1970).