Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Jobo CPA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Old Jobo CPA Reply with quote

Well, I had fibreglassed the tank of the smashed Paterson (which you can see to the left, there), but wasn't really all that happy with it, so had another look at Jobos.
I noticed the older series are going for peanuts, and I got this one for €29+p&p. When it arrived I was slightly surprised at the size of it, being nearly a metre long.

It's a CPA, with a fairly precise control of temperature and a circulating pump, magnetic coupling and two speed reversing drive. A whole leg of quality up from the decidedly home-use Paterson, so even though it's fairly old, I'm quite ok with it.
No chance of fitting the Jobo lift to this one, but I can live without it, I think.
It also occurs to me I can use the smaller Jobo tanks if I arrange another roller assembly and a spray bar above them, discharging warmed water from the pump outlet, which is recessed into the bottom of the trough where the left thermometer is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old series can't fit a lift, and hence none of the lift-adapted huge tanks either. If that is no matter, they are a good choice, their motor control is more reliable (being less overloaded) than that on early series II models.