Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Images Revised - Sears 1.4/55 + TLS - CVS Color 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Old Images Revised - Sears 1.4/55 + TLS - CVS Color 200 Reply with quote

These are old images that I decided to revise now that I know more about digital editing. I didn't know that much about photography at the time and absolutely nothing about editing.

The photos are scans from a 4x6 prints done with a horrible all-purpose scanner/printer/fax. The negatives and prints are long gone (as is the girlfriend). The pictures only exist now because I left them to sit as the first images I ever uploaded to flickr. Even the camera and lens were sold.

Needless to say there wasn't much detail to preserve so I softened the entire image by using a heavy noise reduction filter. Although artificial, I felt this gave a pleasant, somewhat painterly type quality. Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of both images, nice treatment. The lens is actually quite
good, of Tomioka manufacture, and excellent bokeh. I have the same
lens and used it back in my DSLR days, need to try it with film. Her eyes
and hair are a perfect color match, striking girl.

Well done!