Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Adaptall pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Old Adaptall pics Reply with quote

Water buttercup taken with the old Adaptall 1 f4.5 85-210mm. Many of the old adaptalls produce a very nice quality image. It is reminiscent of the old German and Russian lenses with smooth tones and nice bokeh. Wide open they show a nice bit of almost controllable internal flare which can produce fantastic bokeh and give a nice soft effect without losing too much detail. I have 5 of these old adaptalls, the f5.6 300mm, the 85-210mm, the f2.8 35-80, the famous f2.5 105mm and the f2.8 28mm. I wouldn’t part with any of them and the 28, 105 and 35-80 zoom still get used often.

Second shot with the Old Adaptall1 300mm at f8. See the same quality.

My early Adaptals

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tamronadaptall
The two photos can be seen bigger at flickr

PS I have had the 28mm, and the 105mm from NEW. Bought in 1975. The 35-80 was also bought new in 1979. They have been used on Nikon and Pentax SLRs and must have done thousands of exposures. Amazing to think they are still giving me good service on Digital.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice collection!

Very nice shots as well!

Carsten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I didn't think that even if Tamron my favourite brand. Thanks for sharing!