Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oil on Blades of Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Oil on Blades of Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 58mm 1.4—two actually—from KEH and found oil on at least two of the iris blades of the BGN copy. It isn't a lot of oil, but it's enough to make the iris sluggish. Surprisingly, the UG copy is actually in better working condition in my opinion. I've contacted KEH about the possibility of an exchange, but I'm doubtful that it would cover the cost of return shipping and the cost of shipping the replacement. If it refuses to do so, a return or an exchange wouldn't be very economical. This is the likely scenario so fixing it, selling it, or binning it for parts are the other options. I'd like fix it myself, but I've never seen the insides of a lens. Does anyone here have any experience getting to the blades of this lens?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you planning on using the oily lens on a digital camera...?

If so, a sluggish aperture is no problem Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta SRT101 Sad

Over 3 days and I still haven't heard back from KEH. Definitely not the experience that I was expecting.

If I were to have a go at it, should I approach from the front or the back?