Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd side mount lug on schneider 135mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Odd side mount lug on schneider 135mm 3.5 Reply with quote

I saw this on ebay and put a a low bid out of curiosity. Anybody know about this arrangement?

The aperture has a declick button on the bottom of the lever. Which is cool for video. I can't figure out what the plate next to the mount does. It rotates but doesn't seem to be connected. Very unusual lens IMHO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some shots taken with this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't quite figure what it's all about, but the "central" bayonet looks awfully like the original Exacta mount as used by Topcon. If I remember correctly, this was further adapted by Topcon to provide extra functionality, hence the secondary "outer" bayonet. If I'm correct, the button on the side is an extended shutter release button for Topcon and Exakta SLR's and performs the semi-automatic aperture stop-down function when pressed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we see it from the front? need more details to research.. maybe a metering rig mounts to that flange?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
can we see it from the front? need more details to research.. maybe a metering rig mounts to that flange?

like so!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes it dawns. The lug on the side is to mount the light meter device!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how does the stainless base plate interact with the light meter? It rotates on my lens around 270 degrees. There is a slot cut out which must interface withe the meter somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plate looks like some type of lens mount. Maybe one of the Cine lens mounts? Many of them are four-lugged breech-lock mounts. Or maybe a custom mount similar to them. That would also explain the de-clicking lever.

The meter mount is not likely related to the alternate lens mount!