Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

O.Pen lenses in FF = AGFA ISO?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: O.Pen lenses in FF = AGFA ISO? Reply with quote

In 1965 AGFA put on the market the system called Agfa ISO-Rapid.

It had a frame of 24 x 24 mm.

In the theory, the lenses for O. Pen 24 x 18 system, should produce a 24 x 24 mm square image in FF cams, more bigger than the APS-C size, so useful

Anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: O.Pen lenses in FF = AGFA ISO? Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
In the theory, the lenses for O. Pen 24 x 18 system, should produce a 24 x 24 mm square image in FF cams, more bigger than the APS-C size, so useful

In fact, the lens should be able to produce an image circle with a diameter equal to the diagonal of an 18 x 24 mm rectangle, ie 30 mm. Therefore, we can say that a 30mm diameter image circle is guaranteed to cover a 21.2 x 21.2 mm square, but not a 24 x 24 mm square.

In practice, lenses are usually designed for an image circle larger than what is strictly necessary, so it is possible that a lens for Olympus Pen can produce an image of 24 x 24 mm with good resolution and little vignetting in the corners.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gerald.

I can't understand the following

If the 30mm diameter image circle is guaranteed to cover a 21.2 x 21.2 mm square, but not a 24 x 24 mm square, so the 18 x 24 mm is not total covered.

When I used my Pen Fv didn't see any vignetting.

When my copy of the 38/1 8 cames, will try.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. What I tried to say was that a lens with an image circle that strictly covers an 18 x 24 mm rectangle does not necessarily cover a 24 x 24 mm square. To find out if the coverage of a lens is sufficient, you need to compare the actual diameter of the image circle with the diagonal of the rectangle (or frame) of the image format. The length of the rectangle (or square) side does not matter. What matters is the diagonal of the rectangle (or square) compared to the diameter of the image circle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't very clear. What I tried to say was that a lens with an image circle that strictly covers an 18 x 24 mm rectangle does not necessarily cover a 24 x 24 mm square. To find out if the coverage of a lens is sufficient, you need to compare the actual diameter of the image circle with the diagonal of the rectangle (or frame) of the image format. The length of the rectangle (or square) side does not matter. What matters is the diagonal of the rectangle (or square) compared to the diameter of the image circle.

Many thanks, Gerald.

I apologice I don't understand properly-

It's very clear to me now.