Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX500 street photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: NX500 street photography Reply with quote

This group seems a little dead - much like Samsung NX I guess! Anyway, thought I'd share some street done with the Samsung NX500 using the NX 20mm F2.8 pancake lens. Usually I use a Pentax K-3 and zone focus with old Pentax A or M wide angle primes but recently I'm finding the 28MB BSI sensor in the Samsung together with their excellent 20mm and 30mm pancakes are outgunning my Pentax gear. Lately I started shooting in manual mode and try and gauge the ISO in a way that deliberately under-exposes so that later in post work I can decide whether or not the highlights are worth keeping. The sensor is essentially ISO invariant so you can push the files by 4 stops without any appreciable difference from a shot taken at the correct exposure. This is very useful for street shooters who are shooting from the hip. All shots taken in MF mode (zone focusing).

I got the NX500 with a view to slapping on some adapted wide-angle lenses but the Samsung pancakes are such good performers their seems little point in adapting lenses for street work. Looking forward to getting the 16mm pancake next..