Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX100 and wireless flash control
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: NX100 and wireless flash control Reply with quote

Hi folks

I bought one of these and three receivers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Flash-Trigger-PT-04-TM-4-channel-transmitter-/221068342662?pt=UK_Photography_Slaves_Trigger_Systems&hash=item3378b33586#ht_2891wt_1163

I set up the receiver with a flashgun and put the transmitter on my NX100. Nothing, didn't trigger the flash. However, pressing the button on the transmitter and it does trigger the remote and fire the flash. I tried the flashgun direct on the NX100's hotshoe and the flash does fire.

I tried putting the transmitter on my Pentax MV1 35mm SLR and that works, it triggers the remote and fires the flash.

So anyone got any idea why the NX100 isn't operating the transmitter?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experiencd the same thing. I gues it has to doe with the extra contact other that the central one confusing the camera when the trigger is mounted.
Haven't tried is but 'disableing' them
with some tape could help.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using auto or p mode, your shutter speed may be too fast for the pt trigger.
I use the same trigger/receivers on my nx10 - switch to m ( or s) and try a shutter speed of 1/180 or less. I've been getting great results from mine with a couple of cheap, old-school eBay-sourced strobes hooked up to these receivers