Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX100 + canon FD lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: NX100 + canon FD lenses Reply with quote

Hi, a few days ago I bought NX100 for a great price and an adapter for canon FD lenses. Finally I'm able to use those great lenses on digital! You can see some samples below. First is 50mm f1.2, the rest is 85mm f1.2 L. Settings f1.2 is a little soft but on these small pictures it doesn't matter. From f2 are both lenses perfectly sharp! the last one is just a proof that it can focus on infinity!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ! Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like #3, it looks like a painting.

FD lenses are great, not only the f/1.2L lenses but also the cheaper ones. I had the 35/2 and 85/1.8 and loved them on my NX10. The FD new lenses are solid and incredibly well built.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, nice results!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too use FD lenses with my nx100. But, Ive got a FL 35 f2.5 which I love but it will not fit onto the FD adapter because of a bulge in the back of the lens.....shame.......otherwise???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
I too use FD lenses with my nx100. But, Ive got a FL 35 f2.5 which I love but it will not fit onto the FD adapter because of a bulge in the back of the lens.....shame.......otherwise???

There are at least two different FD adapters for the NX cameras. Mine came from Poland and is different from the usual ones sold on ebay. We can compare pictures of the adapters in this thread, and maybe figure out if they allow different lenses to mount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I have this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330511031581&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

And I can use any FD lens I have. 35mm works, but I have f2 version.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is from here, and it looks like this

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more real photos. the last one is the most extreme - iso3200 + f1.2. very low light.