Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX10 + Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: NX10 + Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8 Reply with quote

A quick picture from yesterday with my NX10 and the Hexanon AR 40/1.8. I have little time to shoot, but I'm starting to really appreciate the NX10: small, light, excellent EVF, and good colours.

Resized by smugmug, I might do better but am too lazy. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it, very natural color. we need more work from samsung. does it have IS?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
i like it, very natural color. we need more work from samsung. does it have IS?

Not in the body, only in a few lenses, which btw are really interesting. The zooms as Attila has shown are pretty good, as are the pancakes, and among the new lenses Samsung has planned are a 300/2.8, an 85/1.4 and a 60/2.8 macro.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, ive heard the lenses often described as 'interesting', not exactly sure why thatvparticula r word is so often employed.

2x crop?

i hear samsung is coming out with an ep1/nex sized cam...

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
yeah, ive heard the lenses often described as 'interesting', not exactly sure why thatvparticula r word is so often employed.

Here is a review of the 30mm pancake: while it's not the best 30mm around, it's tiny, cheap (less than 200€ new) and its image quality is pretty good. I think "interesting" in this case is a combination of form/function (size, i-function controls, etc.), reasonable price, and good optical quality.

Quote:
2x crop?

1.5, the NX cameras are APS-C and the current models use the same sensor that is in the Pentax K-7.

Quote:
i hear samsung is coming out with an ep1/nex sized cam...

The NX100 *is* ep1/nex sized.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i mis-assumed that the ' bright evf' was integral to the cam and not an add-on.

it's just one picture, but it seems to have more depth and better highlights than the nex, and maybe a little more detail than my ep2.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
oh, i mis-assumed that the ' bright evf' was integral to the cam and not an add-on.

It is integral in the NX10, and an add-on in the NX100. Smile

Quote:
it's just one picture, but it seems to have more depth and better highlights than the nex, and maybe a little more detail than my ep2.

Thanks, I too am finding the NX10 pretty good at low iso.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nx-10 way to goo, great shoot!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i just read a reviewer that was disppointed in high iso performance...what are your thoughts? do you have any basis of comparison to other EVIL cams? ep2 not good in low light much over iso 400. in better light outdoors can go to 1600.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX perform well at any light ISO 1600 , acceptable at 3200 and some light crap at 6400 some light acceptable. Sony NEX good at any ISO from 200 to 6400

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats funny, as looking at attilas 2high iso posts, i like the nx closeups better than the nex as they have more clarity to my eye.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thats funny, as looking at attilas 2high iso posts, i like the nx closeups better than the nex as they have more clarity to my eye.

That is good at least both camera get some interest. I think I wil buy an EV finder to NX100 and it will be a perfect camera with this extension.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the evf is really useful. One more from tonight with the hexanon ar 135/3.5, first time I get to use it. The sunset after a huge storm was just too nice. Cropped only vertically

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool light effect. is this some kind of pano mode, or stitched?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
cool light effect. is this some kind of pano mode, or stitched?

The light is what I saw with my eyes, same colour. The funny thing is the camera got it right, and the RAW processing program (silkypix) insisted it should have been different. Smile

It's just a regular shot, where I cropped most of the upper area. The new firmware has a pano mode, but I still have to upgrade.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the first shot puzzles me...
Well done, Ludoo, both shots are really nice.
I have to reconsider these Samsungs Sad

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75 USD only , brand new compact made by Samsung.

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-es28-review-t39520.html