Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nuit américaine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Nuit américaine Reply with quote

No, it's not a picture of a night landscape in America. This is the way French refer to the effect of simulating night during day in the films.

Yesterday I was out to photograph some flowers for the work and got a pretty bad exposure mistake. But with an afterthough I thought that it can work great as night effect. So here it is. It was taken on the 5D with a 1.4/35 Distagon. I think it mimics the full moon night atmosphere decently well, what is your opinion? Have you ever tried that trick? Somebody uses blue filter along with underexposure, but I don't really like it when it looks too blue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, it could probably use some desaturation. In the night colors are never so saturated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right. desaturate a little and it would be right on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good idea for a small contest for the group!