Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NSFW, Nikon D850 and 85mm f/1.4 AIS Nikkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject: NSFW, Nikon D850 and 85mm f/1.4 AIS Nikkor Reply with quote

The 85mm f/1.4 (and 105mm f/1.Cool AIS Nikkors are my far and away favorite portraiture lenses. If I have room outdoors, I will often shoot with my 180mm f/2.8 or 200mm f/2 ED IF AIS Nikkors, though the latter requires at least a monopod. It is a BEAST of a lens.

In this image it was the perfect choice. I actually had to knock the sharpness down a little bit in Photoshop.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for a greatly composed and well BW converted image, NikonAIS!

That's an interesting point about the appropriate sharpness when shooting nudity and intimate body parts which is not often discussed, as compared to a rich discussion on conventional portrait sharpness. You practically follow the same portrait scheme: soften the skin equally in this case, right?