Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex Noflexar 240mm 4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Novoflex Noflexar 240mm 4.5 Reply with quote

So, I've got this unusual lens in the mail today and I can't figure out why the mount is obviously upside down.

I though it might be the sony to nikon adapter but mounting an actual nikon film camera, it mounts the same way.

Does anyone have an idea what I'm either doing wrong or if it's just something with the lens itself. I tried removing the mount on the lens itself but it only goes on one way can cannot be rotated so that the camera is right side up when in landscape mode. The mount on the lens is designed to rotate from portrait to landscape. Other than this, the glass is in great condition and it shoots just fine (with the little testing I've done so far).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, got yourself a nice pigriff, 1st gen, there I see.

The mount rotates (clockwise, looking at the mount end) from landscape to portrait with a click ball bearing. The movement may well be a bit stiff on an old one. Also if you've got a well worn one with a Nik F mount the mount may be well worn too, hence accepting the camera out of position. However are you sure you haven't simply mounted your Nik F to camera adapter incorrectly?
There is more info on these here, with links:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/novoflex-noflexar-modular-pigriff-system-240mm-300mm-400mm-600mm-64cm.html

and also see this thread I started which looks at the mount on 1st gen PIGRIFF's. It is also possible the mount has been disassembled and the mount not fully screwed in, or at any rate ended up not properly aligned.

http://forum.mflenses.com/diy-new-mount-for-novoflex-pistol-grip-follow-focus-a-t76544,highlight,+novoflex.html

I also have an old 240mm, to go with a t-noflexar 400mm optic, but TBH the few pics I have taken with the 240mm were uninspiring.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information!

I was able to readjust and correct the mount. I loosened the three M2 screws and rotated the adapter (m42 to nikon f?) so that the orintation of the camera is correct and then re-tightened. Now going from portrait to landscape, the camera is not upside down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, wonder if I could do the same with my Tamron 200-500 zoom?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with your 200-500mm kiddo? Is that the adaptamatic - can't imagine you would be asking with an adaptall?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's the adaptall version. The thing is I've got 2 adapters ,nikon and m42. Using the Nikon ,it sits nice on the tripod (a little but on the side, not horizontally perfect) , but using it on Sony with m42 , the camera is on vertical . I don't see any adjustable collar to have the camera horizontal on tripod..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your M42 to sony adapter doesn't have built in adjust (like my M42 to samsung NX does), that's the nature of a screw mount, doesn't necessarily perfectly align. You could use shims, at the expense of slightly missing infinity focus.
But in any case the tripod mount ring rotates on your 200-500mm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll definitely check it out tonight, that way,maybe I'll dare to take it out shoot some rabbits. I've tried to attach a foto ,but on mobile ,cannot do it.