Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex follow focus lens adaptor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Novoflex follow focus lens adaptor Reply with quote

Hello All and happy new year

I have tried to post a reply to my previous topic but I don't seem to be able to. I have now completed the adaptor for my follow focus lens and have added a couple of pics of the results.

I ended up buying two sets of m42 extension tubes of varying sizes as well as a couple of m42 to Nikon adaptors. The eventual tube ended up at 55mm long from the point it is attached to the lens to the back of the m42 nikon adaptor. It attaches to the lens where the original PITUB J connected and this was using an M42 to M39 thread adaptor on to the Novoflex thread (M39) after a number of experiments and a multitude of combinations it looks like the length is about right. Infinity is at the hard stop when the trigger is pulled right back and then the nearest I can focus is about 8 metres. I have a feeling I read somewhere it should be 6.6 meters but for my purposes it is fine.

The first M42 to nikon adaptor was a very thin pressed steel affair and it was not a great fit so I bought a K&F concept adaptor that was a better fit and actually seemed to give me the best distance to get a reasonable range of focus.

The planes are at 35,000 ft the bird is at min focus the rest are at the focus distances and out from that.

I will try to get a pic of the adaptor posted if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the comments regards

Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done getting all that sorted out. Lovely sharp pics too. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Novoflex follow focus lens adaptor Reply with quote

Hi philslizzy

Thanks for the reply.

The most difficult bit was adding and removing the extension tubes, once they are done up and lined up for the grip they were a real pain to get apart. I think I was lucky too, I had no real idea of the length they needed to be but with a selection of 8 tubes and a lot of faffing about it seems t have come right.

I saw a couple of the lenses for sale before Christmas and they were with Nikon fit adaptors. I was a bit tempted just to get one and see if it worked on the camera without any adjustments needed.

I really like the forum, it has such a cross section of topics and members. I am in the process of adapting a couple of lenses from an old Nikkormat and an Olympus so I will be using the forum more if I get stuck. It certainly is a mine of information and it is good to see such a varied number of projects and adaptions all in one place.

Cheers

Tony