Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex as macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Novoflex as macro lens Reply with quote

I've not paid any attention to it until now, but the Novoflex has a sliding rear piece that allows close focus on a subject.
These were taken from a distance of about 2m away from the flowers and each flower head is about 25mm diameter. Slight problem with DOF and shake on the wrong tripod mount.

Novoflex 400mm @ f:11
Reduced for forum.

100% crop

100% crop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Novoflex is that ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , Novoflex is great I have a very old very rare 40 cm novoflex, when I saw first time I thought my lens is broken because it has one or two lens tag only like a magnifier Smile Takes beautiful sharp contrasty shoots as Dave showed to us. Look 100% crop amazing from a 400mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Which Novoflex is that ?

The Pigriff-C, with 400mm 5.6 lens head.
http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm
Have a look on ebay.de for Novoflex - there are always a few there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
luisalegria wrote:
Which Novoflex is that ?

The Pigriff-C, with 400mm 5.6 lens head.

That still leaves two different lenses. Is it the triplet Noflexar-T or the cheaper two element Noflexar without a T?

Either way, it is a nice lens and focussing system. On my Pigriff the extra extension doesn't yield as much magnification, because I've got a Leitz Telyt 560mm 6.8 in front it. If you don't mind being mistaken for carrying a bazooka, it's also a very nice toy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the T-Noflexar, which came with the Pigriff, luck of the draw - NOS (or simply not used) from a German dealer.
I got the 600 f:8 head later, along with the TEX for not a lot of money.
Either way, I'm not sure I'd want to use it near an airport these days, but I just might, for laughs.