Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not just photography... EVERYTHING
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Not just photography... EVERYTHING Reply with quote

http://sugru.com/great-for/photography

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great but bloody expensive. I buy epoxy resin for 80% of the things sugru does for £1.50 and get 58g. I think Fimo (or its cheaper alternatives) will do 80% of what sugru does.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used that stuff, but I certainly will when I need to. It really is a great invention.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it off-gasses anything that's harmful to lenses (such as super glue does.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it. I love it. Everything from strain relief, grip on my 24v drill, shock absorption, waterproofing... the list goes on. Maplin have it if you want a little pack to try out.

I did follow a couple of recipes for home-made stuff, but it's nowhere near as good.