Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nikor 105 2.5 AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: nikor 105 2.5 AI Reply with quote

Hi there ,I've got an 105mm 2.5 AI Nikkor Wich it camed with some dents on the exterior lens of the rear group. Probably won't affect very much on my shots,but is pissing me off knowing is there, and I wonder if there is any way I could buy that only cristal that needs replaced ? Is the one next to the sensor ,I wouldn't think of polishing ,affecting coatings and final image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon doesn't make it any longer. Even if they did, they absolutely do not sell parts to private parties, or even to the most repair shops. So, your only choice is a donor lens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's not going to be easy to find/fix if depending on a donor.....I see them going pretty expensive in good shape, who knows ,maybe one day i would find one with lots of patience

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it won't be easy, and you are looking for the one of most vulnerable parts of the lens. And yes, it's a lens that has been steadily growing in price.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope that one day "maybe" , it would get fixed, in fact it's a very nice lens. Meantime ,I would use other 100's ,but the little I've tried this Nikkor,it amazed me ...