Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon's Sonnar - 2.8/35 from Nikon L35AF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Nikon's Sonnar - 2.8/35 from Nikon L35AF Reply with quote

This is a legendary lens, regarded as one of the best ever fitted to a 35mm compact. It has a 5 element Sonnar-like layout, as shown by this diagram by Marco Cavina:

Remounted for use on M4/3, here on my OM-D E-M5, a superb lens, sharp even wide open with that classical smooth Sonnar rendering, just lovely.

These are all wide open at F2.8:

100% crop:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That car back was pretty trial for such glass. Otherwise fine rendering and contrast.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I deliberately shot the reflection on the car to see how the lens handled CA on highlights and how good the coatings were, I think it did rather well in both instances as there is virtually no CA and it's retained a good level of contrast despite the very harsh light.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1