Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED - advice please!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED - advice please! Reply with quote

Hello, I am looking to sell the scanner in the title, complete with all of the standard 35mm film & slide holders, and 120 holders - including the fancy one with rotating glass.

Everything is in great shape, still working perfectly, etc - in fact the 35mm holders have never been used.

So my question is: where is the best place to sell it, and if the preferred option is eBay, should it be by auction or BIN?

I've tried my local camera shop and they weren't interested at anything under a very small price and huge consignment fee - fair enough, they had a few other scanners sitting on the shelf.

I'm only selling because I've moved away from film entirely and before doing so, had switched over to "scanning by DSLR" - if only because it was faster.

So, any ideas for selling will be gratefully listened to.
Thanks in advance,

Lochlann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of selling my 8000ED as well.Till now the best places to sell it seams to be either ebay or the PHOTRIO site. If there is no hurry in selling it I would try to sell it at a fixed price and not at an auction. Auctions on this expensive film scanners sometimes end quite low, as there is not a very big interest in them. If you can wait, in the end the interested buyer will come and pay the correct price. But don't expect a quick sell.

If I'm not getting the correct price for mine I'll probably dismember it, get the lens inside and adapt it with a diaphragm to my Sony camera. The lenses in this scanners are among the very best macro lenses ever made.