Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Nikon Service Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when my D3 arrived back from service. They turned it around rather quickly (about 1 week). Luckily my cleaning disaster basically only required a CLA. Nikon Service also saved me the trouble of performing my own firmware update. All it cost me was shipping to the service facility.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's good news Mike
you were lucky with only CLA

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised at how quick it was returned, I was prepared to wait 6 weeks. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon Service Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when my D3 arrived back from service. They turned it around rather quickly (about 1 week). Luckily my cleaning disaster basically only required a CLA. Nikon Service also saved me the trouble of performing my own firmware update. All it cost me was shipping to the service facility.

Nikon are absolute stars when it comes to that. When it was still new, my mate's F2S Photomic went bouncing down the road after falling out of his camera bag that was strapped across his bike seat. The result; a sorry looking camera with bits hanging off. He sent it off to Nikon UK, expecting a Big Bill. Got it back a fortnight later with a note saying 'no charge'.
Actually, it only goes to show how tough those were - after the accident it still took pictures.