Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Quick Charger for Nikon F-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Nikon Quick Charger for Nikon F-5 Reply with quote

I am sorry if there has been discussion of this topic in the past. However, I asked questions about this charger in the past (here and in other forums) and no one seems to provide any answer. Perhaps it was such a dumb question, or perhaps it was posted in the wrong section of the forum. I do recognized other people asked the same question and also no answers/replies (almost 8 yrs ago). Am I the only few who own an MH-30 charger?

Firstly, I cannot find the Nikon MH-30 manual for charging the Ni-MH batteries (for Nikon F-5).

Secondly, the charger has 2 ports, in which you can charge 2 battery packs at the same time. In the middle, there is a "power" light indicator. Next to it (on each side of the power indicator) are 2 indicator buttons. One is written "charge" underneath it (green), the other has a "|' sign (yellow) and underneath it is a "refresh" button.

I heard that before charging, you need to deplete the charge in the Ni-mH battery first. But what is the steps to do this.
1. plug the charger and the power button (orange) is on.
2. connect the battery/batteries
3. push refresh button?
The indicator light is either blinking or steady. What is that mean?
Does the charger then start charging after the battery is depleted?
Or do you need to push "refresh" button at all?
I am so confused and DK whether the battery is fully charged or not.

Thanks for the info, and perhaps someone in this forum is intimately familiar with the MH 30 and uses it all the time, and can provide me with the right steps to do the battery charging. I know this looks stupid, but without specific steps and instruction or understanding how this charger works, I have difficulties in do things the RIGHT way.

Thanks for the info and hope this "dumb" question has more responses than the last time I asked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the F5 but only with AA batteries. Did you try to download a handbook for the cam or the charger ?

Normally a blinking light is an indication that something is still working/charging and a steady light that the work finished or the battery is fully loaded. As far as I know from other cams it is not neccesary to refresh the batteries at every loading.

What is with the cam itself ? What is to see on the LCD panel ? Fully charged battery or what ? How many shots you can do with your "charged" batteries ?

Wink