Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon FE review 1979
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Nikon FE review 1979 Reply with quote

Please excuse the wide format

Nikon FE review measurements meter sensitivity strip down shutter exposure 1979 Popular Photography

Click on pic to get bigger size

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these assorted camera reviews. In particular this FE review. I find the style kind of nutz and boltzy, which seems appropriate given that its mostly a mechanical camera.

Couple of questions, the "lab report" starts in mid sentence, and continues on page 230. Any chance of adding the missing text?

Likewise the reviewer short-cuts the review by referring the reader to an earlier review, 1977 Nikon FM, for more details. Any chance you having that review available as well?

David

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
Couple of questions, the "lab report" starts in mid sentence, and continues on page 230. Any chance of adding the missing text?

Likewise the reviewer short-cuts the review by referring the reader to an earlier review, 1977 Nikon FM, for more details. Any chance you having that review available as well?

David

Thank you both for reading these - I have fun putting some up. I purposely did not scan the entire review but will be happy to post the missing bits at some point.

I may or may not have the earlier mag, I sort of pick up randomly what's available and cheap when it comes to these things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1977 FM review would be interesting. The Lab Report may not have anymore information, so don't bother if it does add anything.

I can't help smiling at the thought of the reviewer handing back a bag of parts to the Nikon Rep, "here's your loaner back".

Imagine what their faces would look like today if a reviewer did that with a D700 or similar digital camera.

David

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the rest of the review - I'd posted the lens test results in the lenses section of the forum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much, greatly appreciated. Never had one of these cameras when they were new. I love the one I have now, but don't use it any more because of some funky behaviour. One of these days, with enough documentation, I'm going to pull it apart.

David