Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon E series - coatings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Nikon E series - coatings Reply with quote

Can anyone with access to Nikon E series lenses help me out with an enquiry?

Several sites state that the Nikon E series were not multi-coated.

Having aquired three E series primes two of them most definitely are.

Both my 28mm and 35mm show the characteristic NIC green with magenta, whilst my 100mm shows just purple/magenta single coating.

What I'm trying to ascertain is whether only certain focal lengths were multi-coated or whether multi-coating was introduced when the E series were upgraded in 1981 with the addition of the aluminium ring.

If you've got any E series lenses could you post focal length, pre or post ring and single or multi-coated?

Thanks.

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I have the 100/2.8 E and it is single coated. It is pre-the chrome ring. Hope this helps

PS It is a real sleeper of a lens - sharp, light etc

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Richard

I have the 100/2.8 E and it is single coated. It is pre-the chrome ring. Hope this helps

PS It is a real sleeper of a lens - sharp, light etc

patrickh

Thanks - yes mine's pre-ring and single coated. Poor flare resistance is the only thing I don't like about this lens (well and the aperture stops are a little sloppy compared to the real Nikkors). Keep the front shaded and it gives excellent results. I think it was a sleeper but prices are starting to rise on ebay.

Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on folks - i know there are more E series owners out there Confused

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Come on folks - i know there are more E series owners out there Confused

I own two (for the moment, they are for sale), the 2.8/100 and the 2.8/28, I used to also own the pancake one but it was stolen with my photo bag in London Crying or Very sad

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 100mm and 50mm 1.8, both pre-ring.

They seem to have the same kind of coating, so I assume it's single coated.

you can see the solor reflection a bit here:

Tom