Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon DF retro FF "f" like body coming next week.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
16MP??? That 16MP sensor is right out of the D4s and has awesome low light capability. I am even liking the look at 3200 iso. It is a bit pricey but it really wakes up all my MF lenses.

I have used a lot of sensors, incl. some really top-level ones...

- 12 MPix FF (EOS 5D)
- 24 MPix APS (NEX-7)
- 24 MPix FF (A7)
- 36 MPix FF (A7R)
- 16 MPix µ4/3 (OM-D E-M1)
- 16 MPix APS (X-T1, X-E1, X-E2)
- 16 MPix APS (D7000)
- 16 MPix FF (Df)

... and I must say that the 16 MPix "fullframe" sensor in the Df is definitely the one I like the most (followed by the 16 MPix APS sensor of the X-T1).

The Sony A7(R)-sensors were also very good, but I really prefer the Nikon and Fuji models.

A good friend of mine is convinced that the sensor in his A7R is the best one he has ever used (and he also had quite a number of excellen cameras, incl. a D3s ...).

I think this is to a certain extent down to personal preference.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2¢: couldnt care less about number of mps. have you seen the results??!! this is one of if not the best sensor out there. the images are stunning. the high iso is simply without peer. ive seen 12,800 shots that look like 1600 on other cameras. numbers dont tell the whole story, thats why they play the game on the field, not in the statistic room.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
my 2¢: couldnt care less about number of mps. have you seen the results??!! this is one of if not the best sensor out there. the images are stunning. the high iso is simply without peer. ive seen 12,800 shots that look like 1600 on other cameras. numbers dont tell the whole story, thats why they play the game on the field, not in the statistic room.

Absolutely!

From a certain number on up, I guess about 12 MPix, it is more or less the same with the former horse power number of Rolls Royce cars: "enough". Wink

For me and my photography, it is absolutely unimportant if I have 14, 16, 20, 24 or 36 MPix. It is much more important if those are "good" MPix. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Absolutely!

From a certain number on up, I guess about 12 MPix, it is more or less the same with the former horse power number of Rolls Royce cars: "enough". Wink

For me and my photography, it is absolutely unimportant if I have 14, 16, 20, 24 or 36 MPix. It is much more important if those are "good" MPix. Wink

Well put Carsten, similar I would have said. It is not the Megepixel the sensor has. The image is done a few centimeters behind the sensor... Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras has some parts that look like Contax Aria.