Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon D300 reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Nikon D300 reviews Reply with quote

Reviews: http://dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/d300-review/index.shtml
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D300/D300A.HTM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the interesting thing from a MF perspective is the Live View on the D300.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find it useful? I tried in shop on E-330 didn't mean anything to me.Did you have practice with that ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Did you find it useful? I tried in shop on E-330 didn't mean anything to me.Did you have practice with that ?

I haven't tried a D300 (there are none in the shops here yet). I am familiar with the feature from my previous camera, a Minolta A1 bridge camera, which (not being an SLR) displayed the current sensor data on the rear LCD all the time. It could also be zoomed in. So, when manual focussing, you zoom in 2x, 4x, 8x on the screen to see exactly the point you are trying to focus on and can then adjust the manual focus very precisely. (The Minolta A1 was limited to 4x on its screen, which was still useful; the D300 lets you zoom right in to 1:1!)

Its a lot easier than squinting through a little optical viewfinder which, being optical not digital, is only at 100% with no zoom. (Well actually I have a DK21M magnifying viewfinder on my D40 but that is a very modest 1.2x magnification).

Its rather like checking the focus after you took the picture, zooming in on it; except you do it while the picture is being taken. So it has the same advantages as metering while actually taking the picture, rather than metering by checking the histograms afterwards. But with the D300, is actually more like looking at the pictures at 1:1 on your laptop afterwards, in terms of being able to see exactly what you are doing.

See http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/page9.asp and scroll down to the section Live view magnification.

For me, that feature (plus D200-like metering with non-CPU lenses, and storing per-lens settings, and the lower noise sensor) is reason enough to buy the D300 (if I had the money, which I don't at the moment).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can make same good picture without metering than you have it.I started with D50 without metering now I have an Olympus E-1 with metering pictures are same and I didn't made much worst with D50.
People are many times concern about expensive gears rather than photography.So I guess a D40 was perfect choice, don't need to wish more expensive gear.