Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon and manual lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Nikon and manual lenses Reply with quote

I didn't know about this new kind of helping manual focus : see http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d60.htm down to "Excellent Manual Focus Indication" section.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon and manual lenses Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
I didn't know about this new kind of helping manual focus : see http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d60.htm down to "Excellent Manual Focus Indication" section.

Odd as it feels to agree with Ken Rockwell, I do agree that the D40 is better than the D40x/D60 in general; and the bar-style focus indicator does sound like a handy thing (but not enough, on its own, to argue for buying it).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Ken actually use it before doing a review? Not touching it before commenting never stopped him before. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's done internationally, but here we call him Ken "Chuck Norris" Rockwell, because of his particular methods, a bit... rude. He has not a very good reputation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juanma wrote:
I don't know if it's done internationally, but here we call him Ken "Chuck Norris" Rockwell, because of his particular methods, a bit... rude. He has not a very good reputation.

Yes - theres a lot of knowledge on his site but also a lot of bull...

It's fun to spot where he contradicts himself in different articles as well Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know this , pretty funny..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Juanma wrote:

Yes - theres a lot of knowledge on his site but also a lot of bull...

It's fun to spot where he contradicts himself in different articles as well Wink

I'm sure he manages to do that in the same article, too.
Ye Gods, have you read his bio page? Utterly full of himself. Even so, he does come out with some interesting stuff from time to time, so it's not all balls.